Anna's Easter Bonnet !
Yes its STILL school holidays and I had to entertain her ;)...so I thought we'd make an Easter Bonnet together! Something I used to do in school but the kids don't do anymore :(...
1) Off we went to Daiso and Spotlight (30% sale today!) to collect our necessities ! Yes, the straw hat is SGD2 from Daiso. So we picked up some plastic flowers, felt pieces, eggs, chicks and all things "Easter-y"..
2) Sew a piece of felt around the hat for you to glue your decorations on. Not much sewing needed. Just 2 stitches (one in front and one at back) to hold the felt down.
3) Start sticking your flowers on ! Remember two things about this construction ! One - its for a little girl so the hat should NOT be too heavy ! Two - You would see more of the front of the hat so concentrate more volume at the front.
4) Use a "layering" technique. Let the first layer dry before you put on the second layer etc. I let each layer take 3-5 mins to set.
5) VOILA ! Wasnt that fast ? Took me a total of 20 mins :)
The Front of the Hat/Bonnet.
The back (add a bow to cover the felt joining).
And you have a happy camper who will play dress up for several hours ! PS. Best to let the hat dry overnight to ensure the glue sets HARD before releasing it to the tiny tot !